It was a full moon yesterday so many of you are probably devouring everything you can find on parasites, where do they come from, why do we have them and most importantly, how do we get RID of them? Right?
You may have seen my blog entry in "You are what you eat" ions ago, about PANDAS and parasites. Are parasites a problem? Heck yeah!! But what is the solution you ask? This is much more complicated than one would think.
Doctors who treat PANDAS/PANS use the machine gun approach. I even fell into this trap, because they make you believe that if we kill the parasites, then they are gone, right? Wrong!! Parasites (and yeast, and bacteria and viruses) are a symptom of the problem, they aren't THE problem. What we have come to call "chronic" is merely just a battle we keep fighting and fighting, and...loosing. If we kill the microbe, why can't we gain that clean slate again? What are we missing? What's the solution?
The whole picture!!
What we have is a pile of garbage building up over time. Not just from this lifetime either. The energetic imprint of many illnesses and thought patterns have been passed down to us from our parents, and their parents (and so forth) and we continue to pass them on, to our children. Everything we see currently manifesting in our physical body is at the end of it's rope. It is our body yelling at us, screaming at us, to change something and change it fast. When we see the physical manifestation resulting in any sort of "symptom", it's not the symptom that is the problem, it's the cause which is holding us back from healing. What doctors don't tell you (because they don't know mainly, because they are not trained holistically) is that it's the energetic imprints of days passed, haunting us today.
Genetics....the new trend is to point our fingers at genetics as the cause. Why? Well, because nothing else is making sense, so it must be genetics! After all, they do sometimes appear to be a mirror image of our ailments....sometimes, errrrr maybe? Wrong again. Our genes may or may not be expressed. Just because you have a gene that is linked to a specific cancer, does not mean you will have or manifest that cancer in your physical body. Yes, genes do impart "susceptibility" to certain illnesses, but this is because our ancestors passed down their expressed genes to us. It doesn't mean we WILL express them. What is more important is to understand the triggers causing these genes to be expressed, or turned on. There is now an entire branch of research focused on epigenetics, which is exactly that, the study of how gene expression is triggered to turn those genes on and off. So is it enough to just know that you have a particular gene mutation? This, my friend, is just the tip of the iceberg.
Of course, the next question on your mind is, "what are epigentic triggers?". If it's not, it should be!!
Our environment contains our triggers. Everything in our environment including: physical, emotional and spiritual factors. That would mean that what you eat, put on or in your body, breath in, and even what you think, feel and believe will become a potential trigger for gene expression. Is there too much mercury in your food, do you use chemicals on your skin, do you eat the SAD (Standard American Diet), do you pray or meditate (if not you should), do you take medications, do you vaccinate, are you active, do you suppress or express emotions....I could go on and on and on and on. What I am getting at here is that everything that surrounds your life has an effect on your cellular structure and ultimately, your genes! How you live your life, how your parents lived theirs and even how grandparents and great grandparents lived their lives, all ends up in the expression of your genes which then is passed on to your children. Any wonder why we have growing numbers of autism, PANDAS, cancer and autoimmune diseases?
The good news is that knowledge is power! With knowledge, we can make change. If we choose to stick our heads in the sand, it's like saying "whatever" and we lose power, we lose the ability to influence the outcome. But when we embrace this information, we can choose to surround ourselves and our families with the kind of choices that will fuel the waves of healing.
Our own mindset is a HUGE factor in the solution. We can easily make the mistake of falling down a rabbit hole that starts with a diagnosis, then we get on the path of thinking our kids (or ourselves) are "sick"....and what does this do to us? We carry and emit "sick" energy, then we put this energy on our kids and they believe it, they live it. We are energetic beings with so much more to us than the physical symptoms we see. This is the end of the rope....our physical body reacts to our emotional, mental and spiritual state. Once the symptoms manifest, we have already damaged the mental, emotional and spiritual states of our body. Repair and recovery must include them too.
My solution is likely to be different from yours, so I would encourage you to tap into your spiritual belief system and use your gut instincts to drive your passion in a healing direction. Some things you can consider revisiting or looking into are:
- Dietary considerations - eat organic produce and grass-fed meats, avoid pesticides and hormones whenever possible, remove inflammatory or problematic foods, choose foods that are healing and/or nutritionally dense and now-a-days even the source of these foods matters! And always avoid GMO foods! Not only does the body not even recognize what to do with these foods, but they are imprinted with insects (which are hosts to parasites and viruses) among other things!
- Toxins in your environment - mattresses, cleaners, soaps, toothpaste, lotions, pesticides, lawn care products, you will even want to consider products like tea and spices, since they can be sprayed with pesticides and irradiated. Look at some of the studies about Round-up and how it effects gut flora.
- Music can be very healing, look at the work from Dr. Emoto about the effects of music even on water! Considering our body is 70% water, this is worth consideration.
- Energy healing - homeopathy, Reiki, Qigong, acupuncture, acupressure, cranial sacral therapy, etc, etc, etc. There are SO many methods of bringing the physical body into alignment with it's subtle bodies.
- Spiritual connections - whatever this means to YOU! It is essential to connect with your spiritual self in order to reach your full healing potential. This DOES impact those around you.